Food is fun. Don’t listen to your mum, play with it! Take traditional dishes and mix it up. Make hummus and throw some red/orange/yellow pepper in. Make it with beetroot, Grate some carrot in. Try it with spinach. It’s just one meal, so take some risks!
– 1 tin or 1.5 cups of cooked chickpeas (it’s always best to cook them up yourself, but sometimes it’s about turning something around fast!)
– half a red pepper chopped into big chunks (try oven roasted to see how the flavour changes)
– 2 tblsps of tahini
– half a lime
– big pinch of salt (himalayan ideally)
– a generous slug of olive oil
– a splash of water to help the blender blades go round
– throw all the ingredients in the blender and blend until the required consistency, adding more water if it’s too chunky and the blades aren’t going round, or give it a hand with a stir in.